Spaces Available for Hire
Aldersgate Centre provides a unique modern space in the centre of Christchurch for a variety of functions and events, and is available for commercial and community groups to hire. From conferences and meetings, weddings and celebrations, to community gatherings and faith-group activities, we will have a space that works for you. Spaces and configurations are highly flexible, and being a new building you can be assured its seismic resilience has been constructed to meet Importance Level 3 (the additional seismic performance required, for example, for conference centres, stadiums and airport terminals) and it rests on seismically strengthened ground. Further information on specific rooms for hire is included below, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
We are now taking bookings. Please email us for booking enquiries.
The following is an overview of the spaces and venues available for hire.
- 8m x 15.5m
- 125sqm + 15sqm vestry Max
- 110 people seated or standing
- 15.75m x 16m
- 330-400 people seated in rows
- 128-136 seated around tables
- 600 standing
- 400sqm approx
- 500+ people seated in rows
- Up to 250 seated around tables
- 700 standing
- 8.25m x 8.75m
- 80-100 people seated in rows
- 32 seated around tables
- 130+ standing
- 14.5m x 5.5m
- 120+ people standing
- 10.4m x 5m
- 80+ people standing
Whakamaumahara contemplative garden with seating and water feature.
Services & Facilities Available
- All rooms for hire on ground floor
- Commercial-rated full kitchen available
- Separate tea-coffee servery area with instant hot water and dishwasher
- 14 unisex toilets with accessible and family units
- Guest wifi access throughout building
- Underfloor heating ensures a comfortable 21 degrees
- Accessible from all three entrances Durham St, Chester Street West and rear carpark
- Limited on site parking